A SMALL GROUP STUDY TO HELP YOU EMPOWER PARENTS TO SUPPORT THEIR TEENAGERS
Equip Parents to Disciple Their Teenagers | Support More Families in Less Time | Gain Clarity with a Plan to Engage Parents
Do you want the teenagers in your church
to have a healthy family life?
- You’re frustrated watching disconnected or drifting relationships between parents and teenagers.
- You watch fearful parents guess and do their best with mixed results.
- You need a plan to equip parents to stay connected with their maturing child.
- You don’t have the time to counsel every family.
- You want parents to fight for relationships with their teenagers.
- You’re worried your students will graduate without a strong support system.
THEN THIS SMALL GROUP STUDY IS FOR YOU!
Your Plan to Build Stronger Families
4 effective faith-building strategies in youth ministry
Want the Teenagers in Your Church to Have Thriving Faith?
We’ve identified four strategies that have proven to be successful in nurturing the faith of young people so their faith thrives when they become adults. These strategies will help you:
- Focus your efforts on what makes a difference
- Maximize your influence
- Position you as an ally to teenagers and their parents
- Effectively support the faith of young people during a critical time in their lives
Meet Your Guide
As parents and youth workers, we understand and know how you feel. We’ve been there. We are there. Every day.
Fuller Youth Institute (FYI) is an innovative branch of Fuller Theological Seminary in Pasadena, CA. With a team of researchers, ministry leaders, and parents, FYI has studied teenagers and the development of their faith for over 15 years. Their resources have helped more than 250,000 youth leaders and parents support the teenagers in their lives.
What’s included in the bundle?
- A hardcover copy of Growing With: Every Parent’s Guide to Helping Teenagers and Young Adults Thrive in their Faith, Family, and Future
- A paperback copy of the Growing With Small Group Discussion Guide
How can you help parents connect with their changing teenagers and young adults?
Nearly half of graduating high school seniors go on to struggle with their faith in college.
All those summer projects, winter retreats, and weekly youth groups you and your church lovingly planned pale in comparison to the challenges they face in major life transitions.
What helps students develop lasting faith that carries them through the challenges of adulthood? Which faith experiences help them commit to following Jesus beyond their youth ministry and family contexts?
Teenage faith drift doesn’t have to happen.
Years ago, our research revealed that parents are the #1 influencers when it comes to spirituality in young people—yes, even teenagers. Also, young people need a safe place for doubt in order to process questions and have discussions that deepen their faith.
As a leader, one of the best things you can do to ensure young people are ready for what’s ahead is to invest in their parents so they have a strong support system.
The Growing With Small Group Bundle includes all the tools you need to form a Growing With discussion group for parents, equipping them to take the next step on a journey of intentional growth, and remind them to trust God to transform their family.
Parents of teenagers are dealing with the reality that what they used to do to connect and communicate with their kids doesn’t work anymore. They have to keep changing and shifting to who their kids have become. Parents want to know that even as they may grow apart from their kids physically as they enter adulthood, they can grow with their child relationally.
Filled with brand new research and real life stories from remarkable families, this bundle:
- Shows parents how to close the relational gap with their teenagers.
- Provides parents with strategies to help them invite doubt, rather than avoid it.
- Gives parents the courage to take the next step on a journey of intentional growth.
- Shows parents how to help their kids keep the roots, even as they grow.
In addition to a copy of the book, Growing With, parents will receive our Growing With Small Group Discussion Guide. It’s a 100-page guide that will take your parents on an eight-week journey in a small group as they read Growing With together. Parents will find questions to spark meaningful discussion with other parents, practical ideas to widen their parenting support network, and even journaling space for personal prayer and reflection.
As a leader, your willingness and ability to partner with parents is the leading indicator of the long-term success of your investment in the young people in your church. Let teenagers and their parents know that growing up doesn’t have to mean growing apart. Use this bundle to support more families in less time and strengthen the support systems of your teenagers so you can experience peace of mind as they graduate.
Get the Growing With Small Group Bundle
Growing With Small Group Bundle
- Growing With book
- Growing With Small Group Discussion Guide