Frequently Asked Questions
Who should I bring to the virtual summits?
For those in the in-person Growing Young Chicago Cohort, up to 4 team members are included in the price of the cohort. (Additional team members are permitted to attend the summit at an additional fee of $350 per person, per summit). Consider including a senior leader (such as a senior pastor, executive pastor, elder, or a similar role), young adults (especially those in the 19-29 year-old range), key senior adults (ages 65+), volunteer leaders, parents, or others who might provide valuable input and help you make your Growing Young vision a reality.
For those in the Growing Young Online Cohort, we recommend a team of 4-6 from your church attend each digital summit. Consider including a senior leader (such as a senior pastor, executive pastor, elder, or a similar role), young adults (especially those in the 19-29 year-old range), key senior adults (ages 65+), volunteer leaders, parents, or others who that might valuable input or help you make your Growing Young vision a reality. Participants can join from the same location or log on individually from their own location, and we will facilitate smaller team discussions using Zoom breakout rooms.
What should I expect at summits?
Our experts will lead interactive training sessions, you’ll have time to reflect and craft a plan with your ministry team—and you’ll connect with other churches in your cohort.
For those who are in the Growing Young Chicago Cohort, two 2-day in-person summits will be held in Chicago, IL. We’ll begin each summit on Day 1 at 8 am and finish on Day 2 at 4 pm.
For those who are in the Growing Young Online Cohort, a typical summit will start at 9 am PST and end around 2 pm PST.
Who will my coach be?
Before the first summit, you will be assigned to one of our experienced Growing Young coaches who will be your guide through the year-long cohort. Coaches will meet one-on-one with churches as well as bring point leaders together for coaching group discussions. They will also be leading discussions at each summits and webinars.
How much does the cohort cost?
The in-person Growing Young Chicago Cohort costs $3,999. A $499 deposit holds your spot. Remaining installments will be due throughout the year. Upon registration, the FYI team will contact you with more payment plan details. Registration closes September 2, 2022. If you pay in full by the September 2, 2022 deadline, your total registration will be $3,700.
Our Growing Young Online Cohort costs $1,999. Those who register by October 28, 2022 will receive a special price of $1749. A $499 deposit holds your spot. Remaining installments will be due throughout the year. Upon registration, the FYI team will contact you with more payment plan details. Registration closes January 9, 2023.
Do you have payment plans?
Yes! You’ll pay a deposit of $499 when you register. Then, remaining installments will be due throughout the year.
Growing Young Chicago Cohort
- $499 Deposit
- $1750 by September 23, 2022
- $1750 by February 17, 2023
Growing Young Virtual Cohort
- $499 Deposit
- $750 by January 27, 2023
- $750 by May 26, 2023
Do you offer scholarships?
Yes we do! Depending on the financial needs of each church/organization, FYI can provide a partial scholarship. If the registration cost is preventing you from participating in the cohort, please complete this scholarship application.
How do I know if the Growing Young Cohort is right for my church?
- You have a handful—or even hundreds—of young people in your congregation, but you’re not sure what to do with them. They are excited to go deeper, and you know they’re looking for opportunities. You need a strategy, and you’re ready to get to work.
- Teenagers and young adults are missing from your congregation. You know that if you don’t start growing young, your church might not be around for much longer. Something has to change.
- Your church offers decent young adult programs and you’re feeling good about your team’s ability to innovate. But you’re way too busy and are having trouble cultivating that coveted innovation opportunity among your church team. You’re ready to try something new.
- There are a few young people who show up at your church, but you don’t really know why. You wish you could get to know them, but taking that first step is so intimidating! But you’re determined to engage with them. You and your team want to build ministry capacity and confidence. You just need a little help.
What is the difference between the Growing Young Chicago Cohort and the Growing Young Online Cohort?
|Growing Young Chicago Cohort
(September 2022 – June 2023)
|Growing Young Online Cohort
(January 2023 – December 2023)
|When does registration close?||September 2, 2022||January 9, 2023|
|Summits||2 In-person summits in Chicago, IL
October 13-14, 2022
February 23-24, 2023
|3 digital summits
|How many can attend summits?||Bring your team of up to 4 people. Additional team members are $350 per person.||You decide who you want to bring! We recommend between 4–8 team members attend each summit.|
|Downloadable Growing Young Video Curriculum ($99 value)||Yes||Yes|
|Regular training webinars with FYI researchers and leaders ($1500 value)||Yes||Yes|
|Online training course on the 6 core commitments ($125 value)||No||Yes, 6 licenses included|
Which Cohort is right for me?
Both cohorts will help you create a long-term strategy that helps your congregation engage young people like never before. Ask yourself the following questions to help you decide what is right for you.
- (A) Do you prefer a 2-day retreat away from home to focus on Growing Young? OR (B) Do you prefer a larger team with less travel?
- (A) Would you prefer to learn about the 6 core commitments at a summit? OR (B) Would you prefer to learn about the 6 core commitments at a time that works around your schedule?
- (A) Does a September 2022 launch work with your schedule? OR (B) Does a January 2023 launch work with your schedule?
If you chose “A” 2 or more times, the in-person Growing Young Chicago Cohort might be best for you. If you chose “B” 2 or more times, the fully virtual Growing Young Cohort might be best for you. We’d love to help you decide what is best for your church! Email our team today!